The following information outlines everything you need in order to form a Florida Limited Liability Company.
1. Name of the LLC
- The name of the LLC must be distinguishable from all other LLCs currently registered with Florida. The name must end with the LLC, L.L.C. or Limited Liability Company.
2. Principal Address and Mailing Address of the LLC
- The principal address must be a street address and can be a home address. The mailing address can be either a street address or P.O. Box.
3. Registered Agent Name and Address
- You must appoint a Registered Agent. The Registered Agent is usually one of the Members or Managers of the LLC. It is also common to have an attorney or accountant act as the agent or use an Incorporation
- Service like ours to act as your Registered Agent. The Registered Agent does need to sign the Articles of Organization.
4. Names of Authorized Members or Manager
- It is not a requirement to list the Authorized Member or Managers, but it makes it much easier to open a bank account and do any other business with your LLC. If you do not list anyone during the first year of existence, it will be necessary to list someone the following year on the annual report.
5. Effective Date
- The Articles of Organization can have an effective date up to 90 days after the date of filing or up to 5 days prior to filing.
- The Articles of Organization need to be signed by an Authorized Representative of the Company.
Superbiz can assist in preparing and filing your Articles of Organization. Get in touch with us today!